The Community of Phoenix Tales Runner
Join in our Tales Runner forum!
Join in our Tales Runner forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm having some problems.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alaude
Foot Member
Foot Member

Favourite character : Rough.

I'm having some problems. Empty
PostSubject: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:31 am

Hello, I'm a very old TR player and I was very sad when it closed. But gladly I found this server. It's pretty cool. My friends play it too. I really wanna play it. So here's the problem:
At first I downloaded V6 and the launcher. Ran everything as Administrator put the launcher correctly used AppLocale and than started the launcher. Here was the FIRST problem. I checked AppLocale but when I click start game it just opens the AppLocale program and tells me to add the program I want to use AppLocale on. I put the program and than hit ''OK''. Clicked Start Game again and it opened the AppLocale again???? So I tried starting without having AppLocale on. It said something about shaders.pkg. After some random things I've done I managed to enter the game. BUT, there was a problem... The game wasn't translated and I couldn't buy or do anything. So I gave up and uninstalled. My friend told me he had the same problem but he uses V4 and it works for him. So I said ''Why not?''. At first I downloaded (V4 doesn't have any Launcher right? Because I don't have any on V4) and than installed. It does the same thing by checking AppLocale on the login screen. But using AppLocale BEFORE starting the game and unchecking AppLocale works perfectly. Everything was fine and beautiful. But than the SECOND problem came in. When I restarted the game it gave me ''Hashing error cannot connect to game server'' (Checked the forums, nothing, serveres were online at that time). And I tried reinstalling. Worked. Restarted game, same problem. Reinstalled again. THIS time it gave me the shaders.pkg error. What should I do? I'm currently reinstalling to see if it works. IM DESPERATE TO PLAY THIS GAME. Sad 
EDITED: I do have a launcher for V4 but it came with the game, didn't install it from anywhere)
Back to top Go down
Light
Light

Favourite character : Kai

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:41 am

Hello Alaude.
I really do appreciate for your detail. We all felt the same when USTR shut down. So your not alone.

Solution 1:
Back to to the topic, you can just simply put your Phoenix launcher into a Prizma/Aeon client. Just launch the Phoenix launcher from that folder, but do not forget to run as admin.

Alternative:
If you have a anti-virus program, do consider putting the whole Phoenix folder into the exceptions list.

Hope this helps! If your problem's do persist, please do reply to this post, other than that, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Alaude
Foot Member
Foot Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Currently, I am trying to use V4 but the same problems persist. I enter the game and after I end the session, I need to reinstall because of the hashing error. Im not quite sure what you mean by Prizma/Aeon? If you could give me a bit more detailed answer, I'd really appreciate it. I'm currently trying to do something about firewall or antivirus, but it seems like it doesn't help. Thanks for answering so fast. Smile ¬Alaude
Back to top Go down
Alaude
Foot Member
Foot Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:38 pm

And by the way, does the Prizma/Aeon thing work with the launcher you get after installing V4. I really don't want to use V6 if possible, doesn't work for me as you already know. I've found Prizma/Aeon servers and im downloading right now.
Back to top Go down
Alaude
Foot Member
Foot Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:19 pm

So Prizma doesn't work, meaning i'll just have to reinstall each time I enter the game... I'll do it for the sake of Tales Runner, but I wish there was some kind of solution.
Back to top Go down
Light
Light

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:34 am

Well, Aeon is more stable at the moment. So I advise you try Aeon.
Back to top Go down
Alaude
Foot Member
Foot Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:42 am

Can you give me the link? When I enter Aeon it tells me: Site hacked by ''His Name'' and some epileptic dancing cat o_o
Back to top Go down
Light
Light

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:52 am

Hahaha. That's pretty weird.
I'll give it to you as soon as Aeon fixes up it's forum.
It won't be long, just be a little patient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm having some problems.   I'm having some problems. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm having some problems.
Page 1 of 1